Advertisements

This is human life, not my opinion.

This is human life, not my opinion.
By: Moe Diab

All I need is for you to take a minute and truly listen to me.
This isn’t my opinion about my favorite cast member on MTV.
It’s the voice of the voiceless that desperately cry out to be heard.
I’m sorry, but I’m not going to keep my thoughts to myself,
while flashes of ashes defy gravity, destroying love, peace and humanity.
It’s not only a Palestinian struggle that defies your comfort,
crimes against humanity cause millions to cry, bleed and suffer.
I’m sorry if you find reality TV more entertaining and easier to watch,
ignorance buys your silence and innocent children pay the cost.

It’s not that I’m angry or confused, prideful or lost, it’s the fact that knowing the truth,
arms me with a throbbing conscience of a modern Palestinian Holocaust.
Biased and intentionally misdirecting news broadcasts are all you trust,
reporting on celebrity scandals, while entire villages are uprooted, displaced and crushed.
Fabricated news is spun and death is exploited for profit.
Hollywood sponsored hate campaigns become new gossip.
Intended to breed enough homegrown support to invade sovereign nations.
Natural resources stolen, political power gained and destroyed foreign relations.
A nation brainwashed to hate, fear and wish death upon millions they know little about.
In the name freedom and democracy?
On the contrary, look up terrorism and tell me what defines hypocrisy.
Gaza was bombed on the worldwide stage, while choked in an airtight cage.
And guess what?
Israel still got paid.

What about the suffering of millions in the West Bank, Gaza, and all over Palestine?
The news doesn’t play that footage, so not a single one of you do so much as bat an eye.
What if I told you about generations of families being uprooted, displaced,
an ethnic cleansing that scars the earth with pillage and rape?
Entire families torn apart, fathers turn to sons,
exchange one last look, are lined up, executed and depart.
You think this is fiction scary?
Look up ethnic cleansing in the dictionary!
A rich historic culture hijacked, given a bad name.
Names of ancient villages gone, erased.
You read these words with real gentle stillness,
while the post-traumatic stress causes severe mental illness.
But you cannot destroy or erase the pride and dignity manifested in a child’s brain,
due to generations of oppression, while the world condemns Israel to shame.

When will you be as brave as a Palestinian child, fighting for his existence,
against military occupation with treatment so vile?
Will you stand up against oppression, demand justice and ask questions?
Does it really take someone to give you a knowledge overdose?
Images of the deceased alone could suffocate, strangle, and leave you looking morose.
Maybe, watching a ten second clip of a child ruthlessly targeted and shot,
Maybe, images of a child’s beautiful face bursting, deformed and lost,
Maybe, watching a father hold his sons lifeless body close to his chest,
screaming GOD why? Take my life instead!
Maybe, seeing the blood splatter cover them both will make you listen.
This blood stains the land, horrific murder scenes burn into the soul,
forever imprinted is the memory of a father watching his son’s life go.

Maybe a few seconds of your time could’ve changed the outcome for that innocent child,
instead of another war crime statistic being filed.
Maybe be human for a moment, refuse to comply with what you see,
open your heart to feel their pain, agony, injustice, their lives left in debris.
Maybe stepping aside from corporate mass media lies and reality trash TV,
will allow your mind to be open, finally conscious and truly free.
Maybe taking pride in uniting, resisting and defending the voiceless,
will give hope to something you once thought was pointless.

I will not be told to keep my opinions inside, there is no controversy or debate in saving
the lives of innocent oppressed children mercilessly murdered, brutalized!
Maybe there is a reason you don’t want to hear this from me.
Maybe it’s your guilt being masked by artificial news stories.
Deep down you know damn well that you’re no longer confused,
you NOW know about the brutal savagery and human rights abuse.
I’m actually not sorry my raw honesty made you  feel uncomfortable,
its proof you’re human and emotionally responsible.
There’s a deep human reason you feel that groggy emotion,
it’s your sleeping conscience, screaming, waiting to be awoken!

Advertisements

Comments

1. David Parks says:

Wow. I’m speechless.

2. Maha’Allah brother your words really touched me, you spoke the truth and most people are afriad of speaking the truth. This is just beautiful you should put it out there for people to see. It’s an eye opener and Insha’Allah it does open peoples eyes.

3. Thank you!

4. Great and an eye-opener.

5. Ari Santoro says:

Such a raw reality… Feelings on impotence because how can one protect the children? How can one help? How can one make a difference? Reading your words do make me (as I hope it does to others) feel human but the picture of these children? The brutality of their suffering? How does a lost sheep find its way home? How does a population so enthralled by the media, processed foods and ignorance finds it way to change? I believe that with all our technological advances and “civilization” we still live as though we are in the Roman Empire where hundreds die while the millions who remain are just around for food and entertainment while the small elite control certain situations. Thank you for the article and I do empathize with you even though I am not Palestinian, hurt is hurt no matter skin color, ethnicity, beliefs and gender.

6. S. Shiza Aslam says:

Yes. That depiction is true. I’d rather say I have seen a lot of documentaries, read articles and publications on Palestine. What if I told the readers that such moving/disturbing/eye opening poem is not even depicting 1% of the daunting lives they’re living? A women came out of her home waving a white cloth (depicting peace) but was shot instantly. I still cry and want to beg for answer from the forces- WHY? What was THAT for?! Or an angry young boy was shot right in the head while he was merely protesting the innocent death of his 6 siblings and dad.

Moe did an excellent job in depicting the horrific scenerio Palestinians go through. If it was really a eye opener then pls dont blurr or close them again. Words, realization and protests mean a lot!
    Lastly, May Allah bless Pakistan too. Peace is what we all want.

7. Reblogged this on Random Pages.

8. Dan Finch says:

BRILLIANT!!

9. Thank you Moe for sharing and writing about something so difficult and important. Keep on informing readers of the raw reality that exists.

10. AA.a true story expressing reality to awake the hearts of us all.how beautiful image is taken by brother is actually appreciable indeed.

11. Reblogged this on Badge of Honor Hezbollah.

12. Reblogged this on Poetical Jihad and commented:
    THIS. Allah hu-Akbar! This really hit a nerve and opened my eyes up to the harshness faced by my Muslim brethren on the other side of the world. May Allah shower us all with peace and mercy. Ameen 🙂

13. Wow! This is so powerful, beyond words. I just saw the picture (2nd up from bottom) and read the article regarding the father holding his dead son and what had happened with the Israel air strikes two days ago. I read this poem and immediately thought of that man I had seen days ago only to scroll down and see him again. I am a mother of two young children. My heart aches for these parents and children living in Gaza. In Syria too where things are horrific. What you are doing to bring awareness to this is admirable. Most people don’t even know where these countries are.

14. loved reading every bit of this

15. After reading this poem i realise how true the statement is ” the pen is mightier than the sword!!! A very powerful poem, I just wish the people of the world would open their eyes and say enough is enough.

16. I now understand why it is said that
    “the pen is mightier than the sword!!
    Very powerful poetry, just wish the people of the world would stand up and say enough is enough!!! How can humans treat fellow humans like this,

17. Way to go Moe, keep the good work. I’ll FB about this blog.

18. joseruts says:

its seriouly strange how people avoid reality and console themselves in the old thoughts that everything is okay while they watch the very news.the truth is that nobody escapes reality even the very ignorant cause truth encroaches them day by day the more we keep assuming…

19. 👏 very powerful and well written